Last modified: 18 January 2023
SoundIt FZE (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to the Company’s mobile application, tablet application, technology platform, and website (collectively, “SoundIt“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On SoundIt.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and SoundIt.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from on the SoundIt.
Information we collect about you and how we collect it
We collect several types of information from and about SoundIt users, including information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a user. In particular, SoundIt may collect the following categories of information:
A real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name
A name, country code, telephone or mobile number, email address, age and date of birth, demographic information and contact list.
SoundIt will also collect and upload information about the user’s contacts such as contact names, message history, and social graph information like usernames, contact recency, contact frequency, interaction duration and call history to enhance your SoundIt experience.
We may collect financial data like bank account and payment card details
Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on your interaction SoundIt or advertisement, address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access SoundIt.
Marketing and communications data
Preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
General, aggregated, demographic, and non-personal information to improve our Website.
Any other information we consider necessary to enhance your experience on the Website and application,
The information you provide when you enter a promotion via our Website or our social media channel on the website and Application, provide comments, or feedback on SoundIt,
Information you provide us, or that we may collect from you when you report a problem with SoundIt.
A record of correspondence in an event that you contact us.
General, aggregated, demographic, and non-personal information to improve SoundIt.
Any other information we consider necessary to enhance your experience on SoundIt.
Professional or employment-related information for the purpose of recruitment and any other information users provide in connection with applying, interviewing for employment at SoundIt. In an event that you are retained as an employee we may need to additional information from you for the purpose of your employment.
Image and file names
SoundIt also collects and uploads your image, audio or video files (where applicable and used in content creation) to enable you to create content within the application, for use on the application.
SoundIt will also collect user’s image files or documents, or information about their files or documents such as file names
SoundIt will also collect any other user-created or user-provided audio or image files where the user uses it to create content on the SoundIt platform
We also collect the following technical data:
socialType: the social network you used to sign in to the application or the browser;
wallet address (when used to login to SoundIt)
deviceID: unique customer identifier used to distinguish your devices;
deviceName: the identification given to the physical hardware device assigned by the operating system you use;
osVersion: to identify the operating system you use on the platform;
IP address: for the identification and location of a network deviceType;
appVersion: unique number or set of numbers assigned to a specific release of a software program, file, firmware, device driver, or even hardware running in your devices;
App interactions: Information about how a user interacts with the app. For example, the number of times they visit a page or sections they tap on.
In-app search history: Information about what a user has searched for in your app
Installed applications: Information about the applications installed on a user’s device to improve application features based on usage
Device or other IDs
Identifiers that relate to an individual device, browser, or application, like serial number.
SoundIt collects collect the country information from the technical information of phone configuration to ensure SoundIt users are shown region and country specific content.
We collect the information detailed above:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us e.g., when filling in forms on SoundIt; or when you correspond with us, in which case we maintain records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Automatically as you navigate through SoundIt including traffic data, location data, and other communication data. Information collected automatically may also include usage details, details of your visit to SoundIt, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Third-party data: We may also collect data from third-party automated sources.
- Permissions: To use SoundIt, you grant us permissions to access your device camera, gallery, audio, microphone, contact list, and calendar. Data collection and validity of these permissions continue until you continue to use SoundIt. In an event the permissions are revoked you may not be able to enjoy the entire SoundIt experience.
- Push notifications: In the event you have push notifications enabled SoundIt may capture the phone configuration, images, application inventory, and serial number data as it is functionally necessary to enhance your SoundIt experience by showing you region and country-specific recommendations. SoundIt may also send a push notification to inform users about an important security update, or informing users about new features of the application.
- Application disclosures: Where you consent to the application to collect functional data like contact list through necessary disclosures in-app to suggesting content based on the user’s application habits or delivering regional content based on user’s location.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of SoundIt may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on SoundIt. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the SoundIt and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Do not track
- Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit; however, unless mandated by law and where it is required by us to do so as per the law, the website shall not alter its current practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. More information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: https://www.aboutcookies.org/
How we use your personal information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about SoundIt, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop SoundIt.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize SoundIt experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and through SoundIt and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of SoundIt.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve SoundIt.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
Disclosure sharing, and the (non)sale of your personal information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose.
- To corporate affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or provide our services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of SoundIt, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
We do not sell personal information.
How we store your data
- We use the Amazon Web Service (AWS) for storing, processing, and maintaining the storage of data provided by the users
- We implement reasonable organizational level, physical, and technical security measures to help guard your data from any loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable.
- Your information may be transferred, stored, processed, and used by our service providers in one or more countries outside your originating country. Your payment details may be transferred to and stored with our affiliated companies to, among other things, process your payment details and provide support services to you.
- We store the following information for as long as they are required for users to log in:
- if you have consented to the processing, at most until you revoke your consent;
- if we need the data for the execution of a contract, at most for as long as the contractual relationship with you exist
- if we use the data based on a legitimate interest, at most for as long as your interest in deletion or anonymization does not outweigh the data;
- insofar as statutory storage obligations exist, until the end of the storage periods.
- your basic account information, including your name, phone number, and email address.
- location information for different lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use.
How long we store your information for
- Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices upon deletion of accounts, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive a valid legal process asking us to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law
How we protect your personal information
- We realize that that individuals trust us to protect their personal information. We maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect your personal information in our possession, no method of transmission over the internet, or security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
- For your convenience, SoundIt includes functionality that allows you to remain logged in so that you do not have to re-enter your password each time you want to access your account. If you choose to remain logged in, you should be aware that anyone with access to your device will be able to access and make changes to your account and may be able to make purchases through your account. For that reason, if you choose to remain logged in, we strongly recommend that you take appropriate steps (such as enabling the “Passcode Lock” security feature on your mobile device) to protect against unauthorized access to and use of your account. Please also notify us as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or password.
- Our company would like to send you information about services of ours from time to time, that we think might interest you.
- If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out at a later date.
- For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://thenai.org/about-online-advertising/faq/?tab=2
- If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data rights
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools:
- The right to access: You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Privacy policies of other Websites